Sunday 29 December 2013

Film 1 - Frozen

Frozen - 29/12/2013


Hailed as a return to form as such classics as the Lion King or Aladdin, I was looking forward to this film.

The story is fun, the characters are entertaining and it is beautifully animated, but is it in the same league as the 90's classics?

I must admit that there seemed to be quite a lot more songs than usual, and none of them really stuck with me.  As soon as someone starts to sing Hakuna Matata, or A Brave New World you immediately know which film it is from and most of us know the words.  Once I had left the cinema I could not remember one song from Frozen, they were entertaining, but just didn't have that same old flare.


One thing that really stood out were two of the side characters, Olaf and Sven. 


Olaf is the cheeky, snowman that has been in most of the trailers for the film and was an absolute delight.  He seemed to share similar qualities to myself and I belly laughed more than once at some of his lines.  Sven is the loveable reindeer, no spoken lines, but his mannerisms and playfulness with Olaf were superb.

So is this a return to form? Is this another Disney Classic?

I enjoyed the film, but thought the two new Disney Princesses were not strong enough characters to lead the film.  The side characters were very funny, possibly even better than The Genie or Timone and Pumba, and the story was very entertaining.

I think Disney are headed in the right direction and would recommend finding an excuse to watch Frozen.  Take the kids, take the missus, and enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment