Friday 10 January 2014

Film 6 - Gravity (3D)

Gravity (3D) - 09/01/2014

I fully agree with Mark Kermode in relation to 3D cinema, it is a gimmick to try to get people back into the cinema whilst hiking up the price for a below par film that has no reason to break the 3rd dimension.

I also fully agree with Mark Kermode that Gravity IS a film you must see in 3D!  I hate 3D movies but as soon as Gravity started, that hatred disappeared.  Pretty much all of this film is CG, but it is breath taking.  

The first 20 minutes of this film I was completely and utterly drawn in to the environment, and the remaining 70 minutes had me gripping Clare's hand, hardly breathing, willing Sandra Bullock to grab on to something!.  Floating around the shuttle with George at the start of the film, just looking at the Earth, the shuttle and the bleakness of their surroundings was stunning.

The plot is pretty straight forward, George Clooney (playing George Clooney in space) and Sandra Bullock are left adrift in space after a debris from a Russian Satellite crashes into their shuttle.  That is pretty much it.

Gravity is definitely my film of 2013, just absolutely fantastic, brilliantly acted, visually stunning and gripping throughout.  I was exhausted at the end of the film and I noticed that when the credits rolled, no one got up out of their seats.



No comments:

Post a Comment