Friday 10 January 2014

Film 8 - Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones

Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones - 10/01/2014

Looking forward to my night of actual paranormal activity in February (See my 40 before 40), I thought I would go and watch this next installment of the PA series on my own (Clare was in sunny Blackpool).

Despite the bad acting in the first PA film, I watched it late one night, on my own, and I will be honest, it freaked me out.  The 2nd, 3rd and 4th installments never seemed to regain the impact of the first film, but I still enjoyed them and the route the "story" was taking.

I was unsure of this next installment, but had a really good laugh whilst watching.  The first 40 minutes of the film is setting up the characters with a few jumps, but they are text book scenes so my bum remained firmly in my seat.  The two main characters have a great dynamic between them, and some of the stunts they pull and scenes they share are very funny (which was good as I hadn't been laughing at Anchorman 2 an hour before).  There were a couple of moments of tension and some real jumps and when "Simon Says" comes into play, I was getting little chills.

If you don't like the Paranormal Activity films I would tell you to avoid this one, but if you fancy a bit of fun (if not to laugh at all the young teens in the audience screaming and nervously chatting) why not grab this one on netflix or dvd.  I liked the little touch in the last scene of the film

No comments:

Post a Comment